The exterior of your home is just as important as the interior of your home. That’s why it’s important to choose the right siding that will both extend the customized look of your interior design and create customized curb appeal that will last for years to come.
James Hardie fiber cement siding will allow you to easily apply a durable, custom exterior look to your home while increasing its value and providing a 78 percent to 100 percent return on investment, according to Remodeling Magazine.
How to Tailor Your Home’s Exterior with Fiber Cement Siding
There are so many ways to clad the exterior of your high-end home, from vinyl and wood to brick and stone. However, none compare to the durability and design possibilities of fiber cement siding and trim from James Hardie, which you can get locally from Good Guys Contracting, Long Island’s preferred James Hardie contractor and leading custom exterior remodeling company.
There are two ways you can customize the look of your home with James Hardie siding and trim:
- All James Hardie products – including HardiePlank® Lap Siding, HardieShingle® Siding, HardiePanel® Vertical Siding, HardieTrim® Boards and HardieSoffit® Pre-Cut Panels – arrive already primed and ready to be painted. You can pick your own unique color scheme.
- James Hardie color experts have also put together a wide selection of colors from which to choose to take the pressure off of picking just the right color for your home. All you need to do is pick from the wide selection of hues that are offered.
What Is James Hardie’s ColorPlus Technology?
If you decide to choose from James Hardie’s array of fade-resistant siding and trim colors, then you can rest assured that there is a color that will fit your home’s personality – from vibrant, warm colors, such as Countrylane Red; dark colors, such as Iron Gray; cool colors, such as Evening Blue; and fresh colors, such as Mountain Sage to light colors, such as Arctic White; and neutral colors, such as Sandstone Beige.
The exterior renovation and siding experts at Good Guys Contracting can help you decide on the right color scheme for your home, as well as quickly and easily install it for you. James Hardie also offers a handy Home Color Tool.
All fiber cement color choices from James Hardie are equipped with ColorPlus Technology, which is a finish that was specifically developed for James Hardie’s extensive line of sophisticated exterior design products. This finish is applied with multiple coats in a closely monitored factory environment, with each layer carefully baked into the fiber cement.
Four Advantages of ColorPlus Technology
There are four benefits of ColorPlus Technology:
- Durability: Because each layer of the finish is cured, it creates a strong bond that resists chipping, peeling and cracking.
- Consistency: All surfaces and edges of Hardie products are covered multiple times for consistent color throughout the product. How many times is that? About 50 percent more than the number of coats of paint an average house painter is able to apply.
- UV Ray-Resistance: The baked-in finish further guards against the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays, thereby making it less susceptible to fading, unlike other forms of siding, such as vinyl.
- Warranty: The ColorPlus Technology finish comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
To receive more information about the customization possibilities with James Hardie fiber cement siding, simply contact Good Guys Contracting.
Their friendly siding experts will gladly walk you through the installation process and answer any questions you might have. Don’t forget to ask about receiving your free quote today!
Sources: HomeRenovations.about.com, Remodeling Magazine, and jameshardie.com