Protecting Your Home with James Hardie Siding
The look of your home is paramount, especially when you’ve spent much of your time and money to see what you envisioned come to fruition. There’s no better way to protect your home while raising its exterior design profile than to install fiber cement siding by James Hardie.
Choosing James Hardie siding – or HardiePlank as it’s commonly known – can safeguard your investment. You can rest assured that, once installed, the value of your home will increase.
In fact, according to Remodeling Magazine, fiber cement siding has been consistently returning anywhere from 78 to 100 percent on the initial money spent on installation for the last decade.
How James Hardie Siding Keeps Homes Safe
However, the protection that fiber cement siding offers homeowners doesn’t stop with being money well spent. Since it’s well-known for its durability and low maintenance, here are five ways James Hardie siding keeps your home safe and sound:
- This type of siding is mainly made of sand and cement, making it an unlikely target of unwanted insects such as termites, carpenter ants, and other wood-boring pests.
- The siding’s composition also allows it to stand up in extreme weather such as hail, heavy rain, ice, high winds, hurricanes, nor’easters, and blizzards.
- The tough nature of the siding makes it not only resistant to warping, cracking and sagging, but it also makes it resistant to rot.
- James Hardie fiber cement siding holds a Class A fire rating and features a flame-spread index of zero. As a result, it has been approved for fire-resistant construction by various IAS-certified laboratories.
- Hardie siding also comes with a manufacturer-backed, 30-year, non-pro-rated warranty and features the Good Housekeeping Seal.
These qualities are true for any of the high-end Hardie siding products, including HardiePlank® Lap Siding, HardieShingle® Siding, HardiePanel® Vertical Siding, HardieTrim® Boards and HardieSoffit® Pre-Cut Panels.
No matter which product you pick, you can customize it with a paint color that meshes with the design vocabulary and overall style of your home. Or, if you prefer, you can choose from the many ColorPlus Technology colors James Hardie already offers to make the design process even easier.
Contact Good Guys Contracting, Long Island’s preferred James Hardie contractor and leading custom exterior remodeling company, to find out more and receive your free quote today.
Their experienced and friendly siding professionals will gladly walk you through the installation process and answer any questions you might have.
Sources: HomeRenovations.about.com, Remodeling Magazine.