Adding James Hardie Siding on Your Long Island Home
Choosing the right siding is a big decision. Many factors go into picking the right one that will not only endure season after season, but also enhance the beauty of your home. There are a variety of exterior siding materials on the market today, but the one that far exceeds homeowners’ expectations by offering a host of benefits is fiber cement siding by James Hardie.
What Is Fiber Cement Siding?
Unfamiliar with fiber cement siding? This type of premium siding consists of 90 percent sand and cement, making it a low-maintenance and long-lasting material. It’s ideal for homeowners seeking to invest in a top-quality siding product that will raise the design profile of their homes while protecting it for years to come.
James Hardie is among the foremost brands of exterior home fiber cement siding, and Good Guys Contracting, Long Island’s preferred James Hardie contractor and leading custom exterior remodeling company, is proud to offer this high-end, sophisticated product line. The James Hardie line includes everything from shingles to lap siding, vertical siding, planks and boards.
Advantages of Installing James Hardie Siding
There are significant advantages to homeowners who choose fiber cement siding. The top five benefits of installing James Hardie siding include:
- Weather-Resistance: Fiber cement is much thicker than other siding products such as vinyl, making it able to withstand hot sun, salty sea air, severe winds, torrential rain, hail and flying debris, hurricanes and Nor’easters.
- Fire-Resistance: It also holds a Class A fire rating, making it non-combustible and approved for fire-rated remodeling and new construction.
- Longevity and Durability: Because of the make-up of the material, it resists warping, sagging, cracking and shrinking. It also doesn’t melt, unlike vinyl siding. With no seams, fiber cement siding can better resist mold and mildew, and provides protection against insects and rotting.
- High Style and Low Maintenance: It offers a rich, real wood grain look and feel that can be painted with a custom color. Homeowners can also choose from one of the many hues James Hardie offers that feature ColorPlus Technology. Color also doesn’t fade.
- Return on Investment: Homeowners who invested in higher-quality fiber cement siding enjoyed higher ROI and increased resale value, with approximately 79 percent payback, according to the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) 2015 Remodeling Report.
Additional benefits include a 30-year, non-pro-rated warranty and the backing of the Good Housekeeping Seal from the Good Housekeeping Research Institute. Homeowners also enjoy a high rate of post-purchase satisfaction.
Contact Good Guys Contracting, Long Island’s preferred James Hardie contractor and leading custom exterior remodeling company, to learn more about the wide array of high-performance fiber cement siding products we offer.
Our siding experts can walk you through the installation process, advise you about which James Hardie materials to choose for your home and answer any questions you might have. Don’t forget to ask about your free quote!
Sources: HouseLogic.com, NAR.